Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update on Pothier, and small Morrisonn interview.

Tarik has both of the stories, they can be found here, and here. Pothier talks about how he's feeling, and Morrisonn talks about the arbitration hearing that happened earlier this offseason.

Here's some of what Pothier had to say.

"I plateaued a bit over the summer. But now I can get my heart rate up and sustain that. I've done some weights, a bit of running - not a lot - just to see where I'm at. It's been progressing."

"It's such a vague thing - I can't even put a time on it. Right now I'm kind of out of shape. It's going to take some time to get in shape. Even if I was clear and free today, it would take me some time to get into shape."

Here's what Morrison had to say.

"It's our right as players, and if I had to do it again, I would," he said. "There's no hard feelings. They have the same rights. It's part of the business.This game is a business as well. I'm just glad to be back and that everything is settled."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm glad to hear Pothier's improving. But definitely won't see him play for a while since he's not at 100% AND he has to train again. And to think he was my best defenseman on the Caps in NHL 07.

As for Morrisonn, he had his jaw shut??? And his collarbone cracked??? Was that during the stupid Thoresen push onto Morrison in Game 7 that led to the BS goal by Kapanen?

B19 said...

Yeah Pothier is still a while away from playing, but it's good to know that he's is improving.

Morrisonn broke his collarbone in a game against Pittsburgh towards the end of the regular season. Morrisonn had his jaw wired shut because it got broke during game 3 of the playoffs.

You remember when Green fought Upshall right? Green fought Upshall because Upshall had just elbowed Morrisonn in the face and broke his jaw.

Anonymous said...

No I actually don't remember that. I didn't watch the series really (except for Game 5). Good for Green to fight Upshall in that situation (although I'd rather Brash do it)

Sucks to hear about Morrisonn. If his jaw were alright we coulda won

B19 said...

I don't think Upshall would have fought Brashear, Upshall's to much of a wuss!