Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Washington Capitals mentioned in steriod bust

A man busted for steroids in central Florida claims he sold to Washington Capitals players.

Here's the link.

"Cops say they have plenty of evidence that Richard Thomas and his wife Sandra were big-time steroid dealers. At a Tuesday night press conference announcing the arrest of the pair, Polk County Sheriff's officials were surrounded by thousands of doses of anabolic steroids.

What investigators aren't sure of is whether Richard Thomas, 35, is telling the truth when he says he is the biggest steroid provider in Central Florida and that he sold mostly to professional athletes, including those on the Washington Capitals hockey team and Washington Nationals baseball team."


Nothing has been confirmed, or proved yet. The Police don't have any evidence connecting Richard Thomas with the Caps. The Washington Capitals organization or the NHL have not spoke about the subject yet. Some of the Caps players and former players have though.

Here's what Steve Eminger had to say.

"No, never, not once -- it was never talked about once," Eminger said. "We got tested two-three times a year. Never once -- I don't know, you see guys. Guys aren't extremely ripped or anything."


Here's what Eric Fehr had to say.

"I can honestly say I never heard or seen anything about steroids in our dressing room," Fehr said. "That's the first I've ever heard of it."

"Honestly, we have steroid testing -- that would be the stupidest thing in the world to take something. That's not even something I've even thought of thinking with any guys on our team."

"It has never crossed my mind," Fehr said about using steroids in the postseason. "I don't know what goes through other people's heads, but the rules are there for a reason that you can't take steroids because it's not safe and it's not right for the sport."

Here's what Donald Brashear had to say.

On the chance that any of his teammates have used performance-enhancing drugs: "I would really doubt it. I mean, I would really doubt it. I don't know. It's a tough position; it's hard to say, I mean, maybe there is and we don't know the ones that are doing it. They wouldn't necessarily tell us."

That's all I've got for now. I'll update you if anything else is said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard a case of steroids in hockey...I've only seen them in baseball. It would REALLY shock me if Richard Thomas were telling the truth and that he sold the roids to the Caps. I don't even see why the Caps would need steroids...hell I can't even imagine one of their players doing that!

B19 said...

I know, I feel the same way. Since the lock-out only 1 NHL player has tested positive for steroids. That was Sean Hill back in 2007. He hasn't played an NHL game since.

The NHL will probably investigate this story.